Product Description, Applications
Sun-Dome Tubular Skylights brighten and heat spaces evenly with natural sunlight, making them a great choice for commercial, industrial and residential lighting in new and retrofit applications. The resulting cut in power consumption can reduce HVAC heat load and run times by up to several hundred kilowatts per month, helping to reduce energy costs.
Sun-Dome Tubular Skylight are comprised of a clear, unbreakable polycarbonate dome; aluminum roof flashing; 4' (1.3 m) of adjustable aluminum tube; a domed translucent diffuser; and a breathable weather strip seal to control condensation.
The polycarbonate dome is mounted to the aluminum flashing on the roof. Natural light enters through the dome and into the area below through a reflective transfer tube. A translucent diffuser connected to the transfer tube distributes natural light evenly throughout the area without heat gain.
Tube extensions are available in 2' (0.6 m) lengths. Aluminum roof flashings won't rust or leak, can be painted any color and are available to fit most metal roof profiles. Kits are available in 10", 13" and 21" (254, 330 and 533 mm) sizes.
Specific applications can include:
- Assisted living facilities
- Auto dealerships
- Farm buildings
- Grocery stores
- Industrial plants
- Manufacturing facilities
- Retail stores
- School hallways and classrooms
- Lights any building with zero watts per lumen per day
- Can enable savings of 75% - 90% on daytime lighting
- High impact polycarbonate dome blocks harmful UV rays
- Dome mounts easily to most types of roof systems
- System can be installed in approximately 2 hours without the need for structural modifications
- Withstands hail and hurricanes
- Miami-Dade County approved
- Provided with a 10-year warranty
- May contribute points toward LEED® project certification