Grip-Rite ShingleLayment Synthetic Roofing Underlayment by PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
0 people find this interesting
GripRiteGrip-Rite ShingleLayment is an ICC-ES evaluated, synthetic steep slope roofing underlayment that delivers the performance of synthetic underlayment with the finished appearance of a shingled roof.
Product Description, Applications
GripRiteGrip-Rite® ShingleLayment™ is an ICC-ES evaluated, synthetic steep slope roofing underlayment that delivers the performance of synthetic underlayment with the finished appearance of a shingled roof. Comprised of a coated woven polypropylene, engineered to reduce leaks caused by wind-driven rain penetrating primary or damaged roof systems, Grip-Rite ShingleLayment provides high tensile and tear strength for wind resistance and withstands UV exposure for up to 180 days.
Grip-Rite ShingleLayment can be used under shingles, battened tiles, metal, slate, wood shake and shingle, simulated slate and simulated shake prepared roof coverings as an alternative to ASTM D226, Type I or Type II and ASTM D4869 asphalt felts. It is also suited for use as a temporary cover for exposed roof systems.
Offers attractive finished appearance with patent-pending shingle print pattern
- Provides an energy saving white emissive layer to reduce heat penetration and work surface temperature
- Minimizes wind and water infiltration for increased roofing efficiency
- Lightweight polypropylene is easy to install and provides better coverage than felt
- Resists UV degradation, permitting up to 6 months of UV exposure without deterioration
- Lightweight, easy to handle and tear resistant
- Utilizes light colors to reduce fabric expansion and contraction, in turn reducing nail hole elongation
- Unrolls and cuts easily, with printed nail pattern to simplify installation
- Contains no asphalt