Product Description, Applications
Kolbe Ultra Series inswing and outswing entrance doors are available in a variety of styles, including raised panel, French and segment head doors, and are offered with matching sidelites and transoms. Defined by their durability, versatility and style, Kolbe Ultra Series clad wood doors are designed for new or renovation construction in residential and light commercial applications.
Ultra Series standard door construction is of pine, which accepts many beautiful finishes. Alder, Fir, Oak, Cherry, Maple, Walnut, Mahogany and other woods are available, including exotic Lyptus® hardwood, which is produced from non-tropical, certified eucalyptus plantation trees that are fast-growing and can be harvested within 14 -16 years of planting.
A durable 0.050" (0.13 mm) thick extruded aluminum alloy cladding is press-fit onto the exterior wood frames and sash of most Ultra Series doors. Door frames are joined at the corners with screws, and corner junctures and screw openings are silicone sealed. Corner keys provide added stability. Most door stiles and rails are intricately joined with dowels. For added strength and security, locking stiles are built with laminated veneered lumber. Nailing fins ease installation and include integral drip caps to divert water.
Exterior trim is provided standard without brickmould, and is available with a variety of optional extruded aluminum trim pieces and sill nosings. Custom brickmoulds and casings are available. Interior casing is offered standard in 2 styles, with curved radius casing available as an option. Specialty mouldings are available in a wide variety of profiles.
Kolbe Ultra Series entrance doors are offered with 3 optional styles of handles and locks. Made of stainless steel, Toronto and München handles and locks are available in Bright Brass, Antique Brass, Satin Nickel, Antique Nickel, Oil-Rubbed, Rustic Umber and Matte Black finish colors. Operating hardware is offered with both adjustable and non-adjustable hinges; non-adjustable hinges are available in residential and commercial grades. Beautifully crafted Nobilus bronze hardware is also available, and is offered with a selection of 3 handle styles and 2 escutcheon plate styles in Natural, Light Antique, Charcoal Black, Medium Antique, Solid Dark and Dark Antique finish colors.
Ultra Series products have H°K dual-insulating glass units with LoE²-270 coating, argon gas and Thermo-Edge spacers on most units as standard. In most cases, this helps them to meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency in all climate zones. Glass options include LoE³-366 energy efficient coating; LoE²-240 coating for solar control in southern areas; patterned, obscure or decorative glass; tempered glass; laminated glass; impact glass for extra protection in severe weather areas; and protective film to help reduce the potential for damage and ease cleanup after installation.
Door grilles are offered in 3 types, making the color, profile and pattern possibilities virtually limitless:
- Performance Divided Lites simulate the historic style of true divided lites, and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units and various bar widths and profiles in colors to match the exterior finish
- Grilles-in-the-Airspace are easy to clean and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units and contoured or flat profiles, with several colors and wood-look tones available
- Interior Removable Wood Grilles have versatile styling, are easy to remove for cleaning and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units
Ultra Series doors are provided standard with a choice of 9 interior stain colors. The standard exterior finish is a 70% PVDF fluoropolymer coating, which is available in 14 standard colors and 18 specialty colors. Custom colors are available. An anodized aluminum exterior finish is also available as an option and is offered in 7 colors.
- Offered with a selection of 1-, 2- or 3-wide models, 10 sash designs and 3 sidelite sash designs
- Available with impact glass and various high performance modifications for commercial and severe weather applications
- When glazed with H°K insulating glass, most products meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines
- Exterior wood components are treated with a preservative before assembly to resist insect and moisture damage and improve coating performance
- Optional Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood is available
- May contribute points toward LEED® project certification
- Universal design options are available to improve accessibility
- Provided with a 10-year product warranty, 20-year insulated glass warranty (U.S.), and 30-year warranty on standard fluoropolymer finish or 10-year warranty on optional anodized finish, according to product; limitations apply