Product Description, Applications
Created with the artistry of experienced woodworkers, the Kolbe Heritage Series product line is crafted of premium quality materials, and is available in multiple styles of casements, awnings, double hungs, sliders, radius windows and geometric windows.
Standard window construction is of pine, which accepts many beautiful finishes. Alder, Fir, Oak, Cherry, Maple, Walnut, Mahogany and other woods are available, including exotic Lyptus® hardwood, which is produced from non-tropical, certified eucalyptus plantation trees that are fast-growing and can be harvested within 14 -16 years of planting.
Heritage Series products have H°K dual-insulating glass units with LoE²-270 coating, argon gas and Thermo-Edge spacers on most units as standard. This helps them to meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency in all climate zones. Glass options include LoE³-366 energy efficient coating; LoE²-240 coating for solar control in southern areas; patterned, obscure or decorative glass; tempered glass; laminated glass; impact glass for extra protection in severe weather areas; and protective film to help reduce the potential for damage and ease cleanup after installation.
Grilles are offered in 4 types, making the color, profile and pattern possibilities virtually limitless:
- Cutlite true divided lites provide historic authenticity, and are offered with various bar widths and profiles in colors to match the exterior finish
- Performance Divided Lites simulate the historic style of true divided lites, and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units and various bar widths and profiles in colors to match the exterior finish
- Grilles-in-the-Airspace are easy to clean and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units and contoured or flat profiles, with several colors and wood-look tones available
- Interior Removable Wood Grilles have versatile styling, are easy to remove for cleaning and are available with energy efficient insulating glass units
Most Heritage Series products are primed with a latex exterior coating, ready for field painting. A high performance urethane primer is available upon request. Heritage Series products may also be factory-finished on the exterior with K-Kron II high performance finish. Several interior prefinishing options are available, including latex paint, wood stain and wire brush finish.
- Offered with a variety of exterior and interior trim options
- Exterior wood components are treated with a preservative before assembly to resist insect and moisture damage and improve coating performance
- Cutlite bars are constructed with half-lap joints for strength and are hand-sanded for a professional finish
- Interior removable wood grilles have a full perimeter frame for stability
- Available with impact glass and various high performance modifications for commercial and severe weather applications
- When glazed with H°K insulating glass, most products meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines
- Windows are sealed on both sides of the glass
- Optional Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood is available
- May contribute points toward LEED® project certification
- Universal design options available to improve accessibility
- Provided with a 10-year product warranty and a 20-year insulated glass warranty (U.S.) according to product; limitations apply