Excel Dryer, Inc.
Excel Dryer, Inc. is the innovator of the original, patented, high-speed and energy-efficient XLERATOR® hand dryer that helps architects and interior designers reduce energy consumption, maintenance and waste, while preserving aesthetic appeal. XLERATOR dries hands completely, three times faster than conventional hand dryers (in 10 to 15 seconds), using 80 percent less energy and offers a 95 percent cost savings versus paper towels. By eliminating paper towels in restrooms, architects and interior design professionals will positively impact global warming trends, significantly reduce carbon footprints and create a more hygienic restroom environment. XLERATOR is the only hand dryer that is Made in USA Certified®, the first to be GreenSpec® Listed and helps facilities qualify for several LEED® Credits. As all facilities are now looking for green and cost saving initiatives; the installation of XLERATOR hand dryers accomplishes both. XLERATOR is preferred by interior designers and specified by architects more than any other hand dryer.
Not only did Excel Dryer set the new industry standard in 2001 with the release of XLERATOR, they continued a rich history of innovation with a recently released model in 2013, XLERATORecoTM. The new XLERATOReco model extends Excel Dryer’s commitment to providing the most energy-efficient and cost-saving hand dryers with the same proven performance, reliability and durability that are expected from XLERATOR. Using ‘No Heat’ technology, XLERATOReco dries hands in 15 seconds using only 500 watts, making it the most environmentally-friendly way to dry hands on the planet. XLERATOReco sets another new industry standard in green innovation and sustainability, and will allow facilities to use even less energy than ever before.
Both XLERATOR and XLERATOReco can be installed in new or existing facilities. Excel Dryer offers several optional accessories including: newly designed ADA compliant XChanger paper towel dispenser retro-fit kits enabling a complete transformation from paper towels to XLERATOR equipped restrooms without major renovation needed; an anti-microbial wall guard supporting superior hygienic standards; the 1.1 noise reduction nozzle; and exclusive digital imaging technology for custom cover designs adopted by organizations such as the New England Patriots, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Coca-Cola and many more.
For example, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has been the beacon for green building and design and demonstrates environmental responsibility and leadership by adopting the best products that the ‘green’ industry has to offer—including the XLERATOR hand dryer. The USGBC is the lifeblood behind the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building certification program, which quickly set the stage for today’s best practices in green building. As the demand for LEED certified building projects increased exponentially, the USGBC expanded its headquarters to accommodate their growth. The new office space tripled the square footage of the previous location, adding an additional floor and nearly 75,000 square feet of functional space. By incorporating green technology best practices, including the XLERATOR hand dryer, the new headquarters uses up to 50 percent less energy and 40 percent less water, plus 95 percent of the office waste is diverted from landfills when compared to a traditional office space.
Excel Dryer has created a customized cost-savings and environmental impact calculator (available at exceldryer.com/calculator.php) where the exact cost savings and environmental impact for any unique facility can be calculated with only four variables:
1. The number of cases of paper towels used annually
2. The cost per case delivered (including freight and tax)
3. The number of towels per case
4. The facility KWH rate
Once the aforementioned variables have been determined, the cost savings analysis instantly calculates:
1. The number of paper towels used at the facility annually
2. The number of hand dryings that occur annually
3. The hours of hand dryer usage anticipated with the adoption of XLERATOR
4. The cost of electricity per hour anticipated with the adoption of XLERATOR
5. The total annual hand dryer costs anticipated with the adoption of XLERATOR
6. The annual savings (versus paper towels) for the specific facility with the adoption of XLERATOR
7. The percentage in annual savings for the specific facility with the adoption of XLERATOR
8. The annual climate change benefits with the adoption of XLERATOR
9. The pounds of paper towel waste eliminated by adopting XLERATOR
10. The percent reduction of carbon footprint by adopting XLERATOR
11. The number of trees saved by adopting XLERATOR
12. The cubic meters in landfill space saved by adopting XLERATOR
13. The gallons of water saved by adopting XLERATOR
14. Emissions from the number of gallons of gasoline saved by the adoption of XLERATOR
Additionally, the cost savings analysis also enables each facility to calculate their return on investment based on installation costs and the number of hand dryers purchased.
Specific examples, with the quantifiable cost-savings listed above, are available in case studies from the following organizations (links provided direct to case studies hosted on the Excel Dryer website, in PDF format):
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The New England Patriots
The Sacramento City Unified School District
The U.S. Green Building Council—Washington, DC